Sunday, August 30, 2009

Too long

It's been so long since I've written. I have thought about it many times, but haven't put in the time. I realize I can write short entries, but feel too much pressure to fill you in on every detail. So I am going to attempt to write more often with smaller entries.

I went to California for a week, about a week ago. I went to a conference for Celebrate Recovery. It's the Christ-centered twelve step recovery group I am a part of. It's not just for recovering alcoholics -it's for basically everything. Just dealing with the pain that life brings. It [pain] manifests itself differently in each of us, whether it be food addiction, codependency, anger, or sex addiction... the list goes on. But it does come out in one way or another. I say these things because I think sometimes people don't like to think they have problems, but the truth is, we all have problems. I think the quicker we admit it, the quicker we can have the opportunity to get healing.

It was a really uplifting time. There were amazing speakers, and really practical skills I learned.

I am going on a job search this week. I am scared. I am going to bring in my application to places I want to work (restaurants- I want to be a server) that aren't necessarily hiring.

I like to avoid rejection, not seek it out, but this will be a growing opportunity for me.

Here's to keeping it short. Wish me luck on my restaurant hunt. If you have any tips or hints or any information I would gladly listen. Thanks!

No comments: