Monday, September 28, 2009

First day on the J-O-B

I am slacking again. Catch up: I went to Bellingham, Washington for a few days. We rode Amtrak, which is a fun way to travel. My friend, Angie, and I went together to visit her sister and nephew. We had a lot of fun. We even got to ride jetskis!!!! I loved it.

For the last couple weeks I've been applying to jobs, and as you can see by the title of this entry, I GOT ONE!!!! That's probably part of why I haven't been writing. It's kind of an ego-killer to go job hunting.

Today was my first day, and I enjoyed it. I am really grateful to have a job. It felt good to be back to work.

My fellow employees are nice, and there is always something to do. It wasn't as intense as it might have been if I were fresh to this particular company, Zupan's, but I have worked for them before, so I know a few people.

I am kind of impressed. People who work for Zupan's tend to stick with them for a long time. For example, the manager of the store I work at has been working for them since he was 16 years old. Now he's in his late 30's early 40's. A lot of people know each other at different stores and some transfer or just cover shifts at other stores when they need help. It's kind of a fun little community.

A lot of people who are related work here too. I met three people today who are related to people I used to work with, and I met a father and son today who work at the particular location I'm at. That makes it feel cozy to me.

I am just getting over being sick, but it didn't really effect my working. I think I was running on adrenaline. Luckily I got off at 2:30, so I've had a chance to rest some. My shifts this week will be 6am-2:30pm. Pretty good, except for the waking up at 4:45, that was pretty brutal.

It was Danny's birthday yesterday. He really enjoyed it. Our present to each other for our birthdays is/was plane tickets to Colorado.

I'm too stinkin' excited for that. We're going to visit our friend Todd, and play around there.
Well, I'm off to fill out my W-4 form.

No comments: