Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Car troubles

My car broke down on the freeway today. The clutch crapped out, and the car lost power completely. I had to wait for an hour to get it towed. I think today I have had serenity because I did not get mad at all (which is abnormal in that situation). In fact it was almost an exciting experience. I got to practice my Spanish with the tow truck driver, and I got to ride in a tow truck for the first time and see how it works.

As I told you before, I have my art reception tonight, so I am just thankful that it didn't happen later in the day. Danny came and picked me up from Isa's Auto Service in West Linn. My car is still there. The repair cost is more than my car is worth. My car is blue book valued at a whopping $500.00. They estimated it would be $650.00. We figure I can't get a car as good as mine for $650.00, so I think we'll just look around for estimates elsewhere and see if we can get it lower. I know that Isa's is usually reasonably priced, but I have nothing to lose by looking around elsewhere.

I better get to work, and earn me some car repair money :)

I thought I would have time to write about the trip today, but considering the circumstances, it will have to wait.

No comments: