Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Argentina Night!

We had Argentina night on Sunday, and it was a lot of fun. Danny's family and my family came over for dinner. We played traditional Argentine music and ate beef and chicken empanandas. Our families tried morcilla (blood sausage), which most everyone was skeptical about. My brother was unable to come because it was his girlfriend's birthday, but I sent some food home for him and he loved the blood sausage. It was actually the best morcilla I've had. I don't know what was different about it, but it was very good.

Danny was our asador. We had chicken, steak, and grilled red pepper with egg in it. For an appetizer we had bread, cheese, and salami. Everyone got a chance to try Fernet, that was a mixed bag as to whether people liked it or not. We had already introduced everyone to mate, so their familiar with that. It was really fun to get everyone together and share a bit of what we learned in Argentina. I am so thankful for the experience.

When we finally cleaned up, I realized I never took any pictures. That was a little sad. I wanted a picture to capture our time together :(
I have to go finish my project for class. I get to go to a Blazer game tomorrow. I am pretty excited about that. I should bring my camera with me. I need to get some pictures up.

PS- The other project I procrastinated on turned out pretty well. I finished it. I am going to make some alterations, but overall it turned out nicely. Maybe I'll put a picture of that on here. Hmmm...

No comments: