Friday, February 20, 2009

Mannequin show and tell


Hey guys. This is a picture of the mannequin I got for my art project. I am so happy about it. I am working on a collaboration installation project with two other students in my class and I am pretty pumped for the final result. It's fun to look at peoples faces when I load this mannequin in and out of my car. I wish I could take pictures of peoples reactions.

Guess what Danny gave me for a Valentine's gift. He made my blog into a book, and added in pictures from our trip to Argentina, so we would always remember it. I thought it was such a great idea.

I never told you, the Blazers won when they played Oklahoma. I love going to sporting events. Even if it's not a sport I am particularly interested in. I love the energy. Oh, and I found my Blazer finger at my parents house a couple days ago, so that's pretty cool. You know, those foam fingers?

I am sort of looking for jobs. I have to focus on school, so the search isn't too intense, but I will rev up the intensity this weekend. It's a scary process. For me at least. I am not really a fan of rejection, in fact I really really don't like it. It's good for me to put myself in a place where I am going to get rejected from time to time, because often times it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

This is sort of a weird phase of life where I need to figure out what career path I want to pursue. I am not expecting to figure that out in the next month or so, I will be happy to just have a job right now. Danny is really good for me with the whole job search thing. He encourages me to look for jobs that I think I am not qualified for. He is really good at not worrying about the rejection part. He sees a job he wants and he sort of just goes for it.

Danny and I went skiing on Monday. He had the day off for President's Day. I love skiing!!! I used to play volleyball competitively for like 8 years, and I miss belonging to a team or being involved in some sort of competitive sport. I miss the positive self-talk involved. Where you have to continue to push yourself further and further, and continue to improve. I also miss the accountability of having a team. You can't just flake out of practice if you're too tired, you go anyway. I can find all sorts off excuses to not work out.

Speaking of working out, I am going to go right now- while I am motivated!

No comments: