Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Missing Argentina

I am really missing Argentina today. There have been several things that have reminded me of it lately, and I can really feel the pangs of sadness today. I looked at a picture of the place I used to sit at school, Facultad de Lenguas. I miss Laura, Fanny, Flor, Pablo, and just the random people I would see and talk with there. I liked it there. I am missing speaking Spanish, but I need to focus on school too. I need the discipline to practice on my own. I have been listening to the Spanish station in my car on the way to school. I can understand some of it. I plan to take classes somewhere after I graduate.

I keep thinking that me graduating is some really far off thing, but I graduate in 5 weeks, that's not that long. WOW!!!! I haven't even thought of what I am going to do to celebrate. I am getting kind of excited for it.

Danny and I are going to have both our families over for Argentina Night this weekend! We will have Fernet, asado, salami, cheese, mate, medialunas...So delicious! I am really looking forward to it. I was going to attempt to make empanadas, but I might wait for a different time to try it.

I have midterms this week, and I am supposed to be working on my project that I have to have finished for tomorrow. Instead I want to curl up with a soft blanket and sleep for a while. Ahhh!!! Procrastination, an unending battle.

No comments: