Thursday, October 2, 2008

I can't believe I am about to tell you this, but I miss doing laundry (don't tell Danny). I find a weird sense of fulfillment when I do laundry. I just don't like the waiting part. I am sure all of you feel really sorry for me, huh? I love sorting the clothes, folding them, cleaning them. Oh gosh...I don't know what this is about. It's one of the few areas of my life I enjoy being organized with.

I will say, I love the way they do laundry here. (By the way people don't have washers and dryers here in their homes, they take it to el lavndero to do their laundry for them.) It's cheap too. It cost $8.00's for them to wash, dry and fold three loads of our laundry. They fold our socks so cute, they even fold our underwear, I love it. I still wash our gentle cycle clothes by hand. They can do it in el lavendero, but I just like doing some stuff. I have a rope hanging in our patio area to dry our clothes on, I feel so old-fashioned. Enough laundry talk.

It seems like times are really rough back in the US. I've been hearing bits and pieces here and there . Danny and I watched the news the other day and it seems like the financial world is really taking a fall. It's not just that. It seems like people I love are really struggling right now. I have been praying for a lot of you. My heart is really aching for several people. You know it all varies from situation to situation, but there's one thing I can count on to help me...Cry when it hurts. It's okay to cry, I promise you that. Tears have a purpose. They are wonderful little drops of relief. It creates a way for us to let out our pain when we sometimes don't have the words.

A verse that's given me comfort recently: “We were really crushed and overwhelmed, and feared we would never live through it. We felt we were doomed to die and saw how powerless we were to help ourselves; but that was good, for then we put everything into the hands of God. [God]...alone could save us...and we expect him to do it again and again.” 2 Corinthians 1:8-10

One little piece of assurance. You are not alone. There's a little saying, “You may not believe in God, but God believes in you.” I love you and miss you.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Wow it sounds like you guys are having so much fun and so much adventure!! This is just great stuff! I really want to see that tango video too!!--Carol

Kgriz said...

Lizzie- thank you for sharing that verse- that's just what I needed to hear right now!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I second that, that verse is great, I am going to write that down in my "If-you-look-at-this-and-read-this-enough-you'll
memorize-it-someday-verse-book"

Diego said...

I have a couple of... "proverbs", let´s say, which I´ve written thru out my life (ok, sure after I learned how to write), one of which says:

"To blame the crying for the suffering is like to blame the aspirin for the headache" (just because they come togheter).

In spanish: "Confundir el llanto con el sufrimiento es como confundir la aspirina con la enfermedad"

(wow, I had hard time trying to translate the quote in a fancy way... and I couldn´t :).

Lizzie said...

Diego,
I get the quote, I like that. I had a little help from google translator though. I know I don't speak much Spanish around you (because it's scary), but I get it. For some reason it's easier for me to talk with strangers in Spanish, because if they think I look stupid...well, then I don't have to see them again. I translated it this way, but I don't know if it's correct:
'To confuse crying with the pain is like confusing aspirin with the sickness.'

Diego said...

Right! That's the idea :)