Thursday, November 13, 2008

No sé.

Hello loved ones,
I am tired, and I need to finish school work, so I'll keep it short. Holy cow! It's 10pm. The day is flying by. Okay, so now I am going to school for 5 hours a day. It's really hard, but I really like it. Some days I feel like giving up, and some days I feel invigorated. I talked to one of the guys who works at the university for about an hour after class today (in Spanish- his name is Pablo). WOOHOO! Don't get me wrong, it's not fluid, beautiful, Spanish (Castillian really), but I am formulating sentences and I can understand people (somewhat). Pablo is studying to be a Spanish teacher, and I am studying to be a Spanish student :), so it's really good practice for both of us. He gave me some really good feedback that gave me some encouragement.

It's always good do have a reminder of how far you've come. Because, when you're in it, sometimes it's hard to see the progress being made.

I got some really terrible news today. One of my brothers friends, Adam, died yesterday of a heroine overdose. He was my brothers best friend growing up, and he was someone special to our family. He always had a special place in all of our hearts. Danny and I had a memorial time for him tonight. I think about how much hurt Adam's family must be going through. I am sensitive to the fact that some of you are going to get bugged or triggered that I am writing this, but these are my thoughts. When I hear about something like this I think about all the other people involved, and how it's going to affect them. I wonder what he was thinking before he died. What motivated him to use again? I think about how much positive change pain like this can bring to other peoples lives as well. I think about A LOT of things.

To be perfectly honest I feel sort of overwhelmed with the pain in the world. It's hard for me to not to take it on at times. It has been bombarding me lately. There is a lot of desperation around the world right now, and I can't pretend like it's not there. I know this is a really low time for people, and probably several of you reading this. I am praying for a lot of you. That's all I know how to do right now, is pray.

Some things to think about:
-"What can I learn from this?"
-"Life's lessons are repeated until learned." -NMT (Not my thought)
-"I cannot change or heal what I do not acknowledge." -NMT
-Compliment people when the things come to your mind. Don't compliment people behind their backs, say it to their face.
-Don't put other things before your own sanity and serenity.

So much for keeping it short :)

2 comments:

Kgriz said...

Ooooh Lizzie, I love your "some things to think about," list. Good stuff! What does No se' mean?

Lizzie said...

Hey thanks mom. No se' means "I don't know".