Saturday, November 8, 2008

Paintballing


Today we went paintballing with about 20 guys and 2 girls from Danny's work. We had so much fun. We had never been before and we loved it. We split up into two different teams and were given a mission. We had four missions total. For instance one team had to go into a house and rescue a hostage, while the other team defends it. Each team gets a chance to attack and defend on each mission. It was outdoors in a forested area. We were dodging in and out of trees, crawling on the ground on our stomachs, running up hills, and crossing streams.

Danny has welts all over his body. The paintballs move at 300 ft/sec. I feel bad for him. I managed to only get hit twice. Once in the face mask and the other just skinned my leg, so I am welt free. During the game I was crawling toward some trees and I heard a guy rustling in the bushes, so I pushed myself up to get a better view, and I stuck my hand in a cactus bush. So my injuries came from a cactus, not the paintballs. I am still picking little slivers out of my hands.

This was all in 90 degree weather, so we sweat like pigs. We had to wear triple layers and long john's to protect oursleves from the bullets. Needless to say, we were exhuasted by the time we were done. We came back home and took about a 4 hour nap. I want to go paintballing when I get back home too, so if you are into that sort of thing, let me know. We can get a group together and go.

Unfortunately we forgot our cameras, but Danny took this picture with his phone. I feel a little doofy putting this picutre on, but Danny assures me I should. What can I say, I was pumped! So much fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dudes, I love paint balling. We should go when you get back, last time I did it was in Spokanne with Zack and Todd and Eric. I am glad you liked this cause I would love to get a paint-ball-posse organized

Lizzie said...

YES! I am so happy to hear this! I remembered that you had your own gun at one point, but I thought you were kind of over it. I have always wanted to go and it never happened until now, and I am so glad it did. Yeah, I am excited to get some people together and go. I have been thinking of some things that would be fun/active during the winter, and that is a good activity. I think dad would like it. We should talk him into it.

Kgriz said...

I think your dad would love it and he would be ruthless!

Lizzie said...

Yeah, I e-mailed dad about it. I really want him to go.