Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKSGIVING:


It reached over 100 degrees yesterday. I had to run all around town looking for different ingredients. They don't have stuff like brown sugar in just any store, you kind of have to hop around to find it. I went to 5 different places to get all the stuff I needed, and I went to two of those places three times because I forgot things. It did not feel like Thanksgiving. It ended up getting better. The power went out twice in our apartment, I always like it when the power goes out. It's a reminder of a simpler life.

The bird, and the whole meal turned out wonderfully. I really enjoyed making it. I put way too much pressure on myself about it, but in the end I was able to relax and enjoy it. Danny bought an apple pie for us that was out of this world! We have a bakery right by our place and they have a gift with baking. At the end of the night we made a list of things we were thankful for. My list had 11 in-depth things, and Danny listed 112 things. We are so different in our approach to things, it's funny, and sometimes tests both of our patients (a lot). In the end we both wrote about how we were thankful for our differences- it gives us both a new perspective.

Tonight, Friday, we are going to go to the Tsunami Tango place again. I never put the tango video up because it was too long and it wouldn't upload. Danny spent a few hours trying to compress it, but it didn't work. I will bring my camera tonight, and record a shorter video for you guys to watch. I still have the other one on my laptop, so if you want to watch it when I get home, just ask. I will post the rest of the Buenos Aires blog sometime tomorrow.

No comments: