Monday, January 26, 2009

Ski Day!


Danny and I went skiing at Mt. Hood on Monday and it was a blast and a half. I haven't been skiing since I was a kid. I absolutely loved it. What a fun sport. It was Danny's first time skiing and he picked it up pretty quick. We had lessons before we started, which were very helpful.

We had a great weekend, lots of fun activities. We got to see our friends, John and Haley, with Ezra, and their newborn baby Levi. Levi was born while we were in Argentina, so this was our first time seeing him. I am become more and more scared at the thought of giving birth to a baby. I am debating whether I should use drugs or go drug free. My natural pull would be to go drug free, but man, I am not looking forward to the pain. I sound like this is a near future thing (to have kids), but I am planning on having kids around 28-30 years old. I don't really take any decision lightly, so I want to start thinking about it now. Because this will be one of the biggest decisions of my life.

We went to Danny's cousins fiances going away party because he is leaving for Iraq for a year. I couldn't help but cry when she gave her toast because I could feel how sad she was, knowing that he would be leaving in a few days. I would want to cherish every last second with him. What a hard thing to have to go through. The awful thing is that she got her car stolen out from in front of their house. What an uneasy feeling, not knowing if it was a random thief or something planned. The fishy thing is they just got new brakes, detailing...the works the day before it was stolen.

Well, I have to go to DEQ to renew my tags, so I better get going.

No comments: