Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I got to speak Spanish today!!!

I got to speak Spanish today!!! I know a woman, named Sarvia, and she is from Mexico, and we talked a little bit (in Spanish) before I left for Argentina, and this is the first time I have seen her since I have been back, and I had so much fun talking with her (in Spanish). In English too, but it was fun actually practicing Spanish again. I forgot about how much fun it was. I loved it!

She speaks some English, so my brother and I taught her some slang words. Well, not slang, just words that have double meanings. Por ejemplo: My brother wanted was trying to explain that someone is rusty means that they haven't practiced something for a while, AND it is the word used for oxidized metal, etc...

We had a lot of fun.

I made potato pancakes this morning. I really enjoy potato pancakes. I went for a run!!! Woohoo! I set out to do all the things I wanted to do today (all of which are not mentioned, and I will not bore you with those types of details, because they're not really all that exciting.)

Today was a good day. I drove over the bridge (which one? you ask. I don't know. It was in Portland. I really should figure out which bridge is which. I think Freemont is the rainbow arched one. I remember it because I think since it's a rainbow shape, then it's "free," for Freemont. I really hope that's right or else my little remembering tool is useless.

Anyway, driving over the bridge, and I was blown away at the beautiful sky!!!! I was so thankful, and was just in awe of the beautiful creation before me. I love the skies we have hear sometimes, they are incredible.

I got lettuce and mint to plant in my garden, which is a trough-like garden, that hasn't yet begun, but will very shortly. I don't know if I told you guys about the lettuce and mint, but if I did, please forgive me.

I am just so excited that I am going to plant things I can eat!!!!! What a wonderful idea. I know it's not a new idea, but it's a great one, and just because it's common does not take away the fact that it's a great idea, at least not to me.

I am going to ZZZZZZZZZZ land. Hope you all have a good night sleep!

No comments: