Thursday, April 23, 2009

blah to perfectionism

Tuesday (going to Corvallis) was good and bad. The good: seeing old friends and YUJI! Yuji is the printmaking teacher at Oregon State and he is the greatest teacher. He's native to Japan and he has the funniest sayings. Like, "Happy Accident," "Looks good,"... k, I realize these aren't funny because you can't hear him or me saying it, but trust me, it's funny.

The bad: I worked for about 10 hours and did not like anything I made. REALLY. Some of it was okay, but I went with the intention of creating work for my senior show, which I am feeling quite insecure about. I think I am putting too much pressure on myself. I've been discovering that I am a perfectionist (Only with certain things, my car, and many other things are not examples of this).

I am pretty hard on myself, and I want to learn how to go a little easier on me. And other people close to me for that matter. I was listening to a CD (Cloud and Townsend Resources) on perfectionism and my eyes were opened. I highly recommend listening to CD's by Cloud and Townsend.

http://www.cloudtownsend.com/

Dr. Townsend is a clinical psychologist and marriage and family therapist, and Dr. Cloud is a clinical psychologist. These guys are relationship and life gurus. They are so knowledgeable about what it means to live fully.

I have to take off and get started with my day.

No comments: