Sunday, April 19, 2009

Printmaking

I am super excited. I get to go to Corvallis on Tuesday to work all day in the printmaking room. I am going to bust out whatever it is that I am going to do for the senior show. The senior show is one piece of artwork put up in the Fairbank's Gallery at OSU by graduating art majors. There's a reception on June 3rd Wednesday, at 6:30 with food, family, and friends. I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to do, but I am sort of flexible to change some things. I have already ordered the frame and the matte board and arranged the layout of what goes where, but I have not made the actual pieces to go in it yet. It cost $135 for the whole thing. Wowzers. That's a lot of dough. I had major buyer's remorse after I did it because I never make quick decisions when it comes to buying things that cost more than $5 or $10. And even then, I usually take my sweet time.

I am so happy that I get to do printmaking again. It hasn't been that long and I already miss it. I am a little scared that I won't get an opportunity to do it again in the future, unless I take another class, because it's not like there are a lot of printmaking presses around to use. Or at least not that I am aware of. I should go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: