Friday, September 12, 2008

Arrived in Santiago, Chile

We had a wonderful flight getting here. We flew LAN, and it was much better then we were expecting. They have a personal screen that shows movies, tv shows, games, etc... in front of each seat. We watched Indiana Jones. I heard it wasn't that great, so my expectations weren't that high, but I really enjoyed it. The food was pretty good as well. We didn't get that much sleep, in and out for about 2 hours. I remember flying as a kid, and I was out like a light every time, ahhh...those were the days.

When we first arrived in Chile there were a few jitters, okay, there are still jitters, but a little less. Everything is in a different language, with a few translations here and there. When we arrived to the metal detector to go onto our next flight, Danny reaches for his wallet, and gets a scared look on his face. He looks up at me, and I know right away that look means, 'I don't know where my wallet is.' That's a scary feeling anywhere, but especially when you're arriving in a country where you barely know the language.

We look through all our stuff quickly, and Danny is looking to me for direction. "Run back to the plane!" Meanwhile I am freaking out in my head and praying simultaneously. I stay with our luggage while the security personnel are looking at me strangely. I have no idea how to tell them Danny left his wallet on the plane. Fortunately they never approacched me, but in case they did I came up with, "Mi esposo tienes dinero en aeroplane." I think that would have got my message across.

As Danny's running back to the plane he passes by some flight attendants in the walkway and tells them his situation. They yell, "run!"

He finally arrives back on the plane and no one on the plane speaks english, so he just runs back to his seat, and frantically searches through everything. He cannot find his wallet. Just before giving up he reaches underneath the seat cushion, and to his amazement, IT'S THERE!

In that situation I realized how powerless I am right now.

I feel a lot better knowing that we have all of our identification, we're safe, and waiting at the gate for our connecting flight to Cordoba. We board our flight in 2 hours. I think I am going to attempt to sleep for a little bit beforehand. I am REALLY missing you all back home right now.

3 comments:

Hi. How are you? said...

WOW! what a story already! I'm so glad you guys found the wallet! That is freaky! I've been thinking of you both lots!

Kgriz said...

Way to go Danny!!! :-) I am missing you guys too! I watched WALL E tonight- how fun! I hope you are up and running with your computer, getting online, etc. soon!
Love,
Momma G.

Diego said...

Wow! I didn´t know about the wallet adventure!!! I started reading your blog today and I think I won´t stop until I read all the posts! You´re so good at writting! And it´s great to read it now that I know you both.