Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home cookin'


We finally had a delicious home cooked dinner tonight. We've been going out so much because it's cheap, our kitchen is pretty small, and our cutting knife sucks (oh yeah, it makes a big difference). I made some homemade spaghetti the night before last and I got distracted and cooked the noodles too long and they were slimy. I was pretty disappointed. But tonight, different story, good stuff.

Why is it that Coca-Cola tastes better out of a glass bottle? We don't normally drink soda, but it's cheaper than water. It tastes better here, we can't figure it out.

So, lately I have been hanging out in a LITTLE book shop with antique books. I've made friends with the store owner. He is a history professor and he has a wealth knowledge about the history of Argentina, which is something I am currently fascinated with. I am buying books to use in my art. He is pretty limited in his English and I am even more limited in my Spanish. But somehow we have sat in his little book store and talked for hours about Argentina. He thumbs through his Spanish-English dictionary every now and then to find the words he's looking for. I will have to take a picture of him and put it on here.

Danny's birthday is in two days. He's turning twenty three! Woohoo! His boss is having a welcome asado for him, and it happens to be on his birthday, so that's kind of perfect. I am going to take him horseback riding for his gift (don't worry he knows about it). We are going to go in the next couple weeks, I am pretty excited about that one too. Tomorrow night I am taking him out to dinner to Las Tinajas. It's the country's largest all-you-can-eat restaurant (tenedor libre). According to the recommendation it serves a "mind-boggling array of interational cuisine alongside a fake waterfall and indoor river." We're all for all-you-can-eat, fake waterfalls, and rivers.

I told you I would put the picture of the Andes Mountains on here, so here it is. It's from an airplane using a cellphone, but you get the idea.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya I remember the coke from Cabo was so much better than here. And out of a glass bottle its like another drink. I don't know if anyone told you , when Sarvia was over Tuesday I showed her your blog and she watched the video of "Red" clapping at the barbecue. She translated what the old man was saying and she was laughing. We had a good time, shes is very interested in your adventures. I made her some food while she was here and she was seemed impressed with my cooking skillz. Get danny on here to respond, HapPy B day RED@!

Hi. How are you? said...

WOW, your meal looks AMAZING! and so do the mountains!!! Holy cow! I love your blog. I am glad to hear about this man in the book store, that sounds like a really cool friendship!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY! I hope you guys have a blast tomorrow!!!

Lizzie said...

Hey Ang! I just talked to you on the phone, but I wanted to reply to your blog comment. Thanks for the compliments. I like that you like my friendship with the bookstore man. I love you much!

Kgriz said...

The pic of the Andes is breath taking!

Diego said...

Definitively, Coke in glass has a different taste. A better taste.

Also Sprite is quite different here than in the US.

Lizzie said...

Diego! I loved seeing your comment! I am really going to miss you. I am going to write more about that later.