Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good Eats!

Today went to lunch at a really nice restaurant with a friend from Danny's work (Nicholas) and his girlfriend. She's Argentine, but she was born in Corvallis, Oregon- small world, huh? We sat outdoors in the sun. There were palm trees around. The restaurants roof was covered with those half-mooned terracotta looking shingles, and it definitely felt like we were on vacation. Both Nicholas and his girlfriend graciously ordered everything they thought would be tasty and we all shared and feasted together. It was delicious! We had asado tipe...um I can't remember the rest. Different cuts of meat, sausage, salads, breads, it was truly wonderful and relaxing. It was SO nice to have someone tell us what some of the foods were. It's amazing how much better the food tastes when someone who knows the language orders it. Basically today has been a relax day. We watched Homeward Bound and Danny and I both cried. That movie always makes us cry. (Danny is VERY reluctant to have me type this in here.) We are now at Il Gatto, a restaurant we both like and it was also very good. The food keeps getting better and better. I was a little worried at first, but now, I am really enjoying the food. I found out the grocery stores are kind of limited around here with the food they offer because it's a college town, but I think we'll venture further for groceries next week.

I guess the food varies when you go north and south of Cordoba too. From what we've heard everything changes when you go north and south, the climate, the people, and the food. We're excited to explore! We love living in the city. Everything you need is within walking distance, something neither of us are really used to. We're excited to move to Portland when we get back.

Everyone here is so welcoming, beautiful, friendly, and affectionate. We greet everyone with kisses on the cheek now. Danny's day at work starts off with greetings from everyone and kisses on the cheek. Imagine if all work places started their days that way. Danny's friends from work have really been so helpful. Their just ready to help us with whatever, we've been so grateful to them.

We miss you guys. Watching Homeward Bound made us miss home. We love you all!

2 comments:

Kgriz said...

Hey Lizzie- I have really gotten behind on your blog- you've lived a lifetime since I last checked! Your dinner with friends sounded divine. You are a descriptive writer and I almost felt like I was there!

Tell Danny I think it was sweet that he cried during the movie! Also, that I am expecting a kiss on the cheek from him when he gets home!

Lizzie said...

Thanks mama. Yeah, it was one of my favorite meals since I've been here. It's kind of been hit and miss with the food around here, but that was definitely a big hit. I'll pass the message along to Danny.