Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cataratas III



I decided to chose writing to you guys, instead of doing my homework this time. I will be brief because I should do my homework soon.
Saturday: We arrived and checked in a hotel called, 'Rio Tropic.' I would highly recommend this hotel. It was beautiful, and intimate in the set up. Only ten rooms, a beautiful pool, and breakfast every morning with fresh squeezed orange juice from their own orange trees. They have a various types of oranges trees, so every morning you get to try orange juice from a different type of orange. The owner, Remy, is super nice and helpful too. So, during the day we went to The national park in Iguazu, Cataratas del Iguazu. This is the home of the widest waterfall system in the world. It consists of 275 falls that stretch for 1.67 miles. We saw a monkey, lizards, a family of coatis, and of course tons of beautiful waterfalls. We took a speed boat to view the falls. It was exhilarating.

Sunday: We went back to the park, because it definitely needs to be viewed in two days. We went on a jungle walk, and saw a toucan. Sadly, I was unable to get a picture, but it was still great. We saw a raining tree. Have you ever heard of raining trees? It rained continuously- I know this sounds weird. It wasn't raining anytime that day, it continued on for hours, and it was only a specific type of tree that did it. We can't figure it out. At the end of this trail was a hidden waterfall with a little swimming hole. We took turns standing underneath it. It was amazing, we felt like we were in our own little world. The most breath taking of it all was The Devil's Throat (Garganta del Diablo). It measures 490' by 2300'. The video is of Garganta del Diablo. I have to go get to my homework now. Love you!

No comments: