Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weather challenges

It is SO hot here! It is supposed to be 96 degrees Fahrenheit (36 degrees Celsius), and it feels like it has reached that point. I was eating lunch with Danny and I was sweating underneath my eyes. The pit of my elbows were dripping sweat-that's how hot it is. Now I am indoors with the air conditioner on, all the lights off, and the shades pulled. I had plans to go visit different places around town today, but I am going to lay low for a while.

So in 6 days we are going to be returning to the United States. I am super sad, but also excited to see my family and friends. I feel like the time has gone by so quickly. The weather is drastically different there. It's forecasted to be in the mid-90's all week here. In West Linn, Oregon it is currently 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and snowing. That's over a 70 degrees difference. How crazy of a transition is that going to be? Honestly if you have any tips for how to acclimate to different climates in a short amount of time- please let me know: My e-mail: liz.varner@gmail.com.

So, I thought of a fun little idea. I am going to take pictures of some of my friends I have met, and post them on the blog. Like our butcher, my bookstore friend, our house cleaner...I want to remember them. I know they will be in my heart, but it's always fun to look back on them in a picture too. I might do that today. I am trying to figure out a way to not be as affected by the heat. Maybe I can dump water over my head before I go out. Oh, I got it. I remember this trick from volleyball. I'll put ice in a Ziploc bag and place it on my veins. That usually helps.

Can you believe Christmas is 9 days away! I don't know how it feels (festivity wise) in the states, but it does not feel like Christmas here. I felt more festive when I made cookies and Christmas cards for people. I had a lot of fun doing that. K, I am going to head out. Chau!

No comments: