Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sentimental


I am feeling really sentimental today. I have been sentimental for the last few days, but this is the first day I have let myself cry about it. I am really going to miss it here. I had to say goodbye to a friend today, Diego. He has been a good friend to us here, and I am really going to miss him. He's going to visit the states next year, so I really hope we get to see him again.

I got sad when I was doing my laundry because I like doing my laundry by hand and hanging it to dry on my little rope. I took a picture of it to remember it. I know our time is not over yet, but I am preparing myself for it. We have 18 days left :(.

Tomorrow I have to say goodbye to my teacher, Florencia (Flor). She is going on vacation and will be back after I finish classes with a different teacher. She has been my teacher from the beginning, and I am going to miss her too.

I am not very good at goodbyes. I get really attached to people/things in my heart and it's hard to let them go sometimes.

The exciting news is, we are going to Iguazu Falls tomorrow. The falls can be seen from an access points in Brazil, Argentina, or Paraguay. We, of course, are going to view it from Argentina. Two thirds of the falls are within Argentine territory, so that's fortunate for us. I have seen the falls in pictures and in the Planet Earth dvd's. If you haven't seen Planet Earth you need to. It's an amazing BBC documentary series about different places and species all around the world. It's filmed and captured more beautifully then I have seen before. You can check out clips of it on Youtube.com.

Watch this clip of Iguazu to see what it's like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8845utZI4 (This is not a Planet Earth clip, in case you were wondering.) I didn't watch very much of it because I don't want to spoil it. There's a Coldplay song to go along with it, so that always makes everything more enjoyable. I better start packing. Love you guys!

No comments: