Sunday, December 14, 2008

One week left :(


Friday night:
We both LOVED The Nutcracker. It was really lovely. Whenever I go to those sort of events I always get amazed with what the human body is capable of. Bending, twisting, twirling around endlessly on the tips of ones toes. I now know why I am not a ballerina. They sure do look beautiful though. Graceful and elegant. My favorite part was when the dancers acted like dolls. That was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing when they carried them off stage-they looked just like dolls.

Saturday: Chill out day

Sunday: We went to Alta Gracia to see the 'Che' Museum. Ernesto “Che” Guevara. People here are crazy about 'Che.' I won't go into the long history about Che, but he was an Argentine Marxist Revolutionary and a guerrilla leader as well (among other things). He worked alongside Fidel Castro in his 26th of July Movement. You may have heard of the famous movie (and book) titled “Motorcycle Diaries.” It's about his journey through South America. He was a well traveled guy-it's kind of amazing actually. He rode 4000k all around South America on a road bike with a little motor. That was his first journey, but his second one is the one the movie is about, and that's on a real motorcycle, but it broke down along the way...Okay, I am rambling on about it. I always find it fascinating when people are so fixated on the life of one particular person.

It's late. I better head to bed.

I made chocolate chip cookies today. A whole lot of them. I didn't know what to give people for presents. I wanted to give them something different from what they already have in Argentina, and then I thought, 'chocolate chip cookies!' I have not seen them here, and they like sweets, so I figured that would be a good present. I made little Christmas cards too. I had a lot of fun doing it.

I heard it snowing in Portland! How fun. Go sled for me!!!!!!!!

No comments: