Thursday, December 18, 2008

Revelation


So, I was at school today, and my class ended and it finally hit me FOR REAL that we are leaving, and tomorrow will be my last class. I decided to journal about my feelings after my teacher left, but in Spanish. I was trying SO hard not to cry because I knew someone could walk in at any moment, and it's hard for me to talk in Spanish (all the time, but especially) when I am caught off guard or really emotional.

For instance, today, I was walking to class and a truck started backing up and a women was standing with her back to the truck and the truck wasn't paying attention, and I could see that he was about to hit her, and all I could do was yelp out a loud noise and throw out my hands. No words came to my mind. The truck ended up hitting her but it wasn't going that fast. I don't think she really got hurt, just mostly startled, and angry that the driver wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, back to the classroom. I wanted to take pictures of the school to remember it, but my camera is not working- so, I had to use my phone to take pictures. ***Side story***Danny and I went out to have drinks and empanadas with my library friend Sergio two nights ago, and I wanted a picture with him, but my camara stopped working right then. But, Danny took a picture with his phone, so at least I have some image of him. Bad timing, huh? ***end of side story*** So, I walked out of the classroom into the patio area where I like to sit and watch the birds during my break, and I just burst out crying. There are so many memories I have, in such a short amount of time. It really breaks my heart to think I might never see these people or this place again. How can that be? They are now a part of me, and I am a part of them. I want to figure out a way to take it all with me.

I don't know what our future holds, but I hope we can return here one day. This is going to be hard. We have to say all of our goodbyes in the next couple days. I am going to be a wreck. We are going to a Christmas party for Danny's work tonight. I am excited about that.

The picture: This is where I sit and watch the birds. They live in the avocado tree in the middle of the patio. They fly down all the time to pick up fallen sticks to make their nests. They have brought me a lot of comfort and fascination.

No comments: