Friday, December 12, 2008

The Nutcracker


Hey. Well, I am super excited because Danny and I are doing our first Christmasy event. We are going to see the Nutcracker. I know it's a ballet, and somehow Christmas is involved...and that's about it. I am assuming a nutcracker will show up at one point as well. Apparently, I saw it when I was a little kid, but I don't remember a lick of it. I suppose it has to be good because they keep playing it over and over again every year at Christmas time. Nevermind, that theory just got flushed away. They bring fruitcake back every year, and we all know what that tastes like.

I hope you are getting in the Christmas spirit. Man, can I just say that I miss Christmas music. I haven't heard it here. I heard something that could have resembled it in the mall, but it wasn't anything I have heard before. I know people can get tired of Christmas music really fast, but I just love it. It's so upbeat. I even worked in a deli where they played the same music everyday, and I didn't tire of it. I think I have a high tolerance for repetitive music. I used to make my brother so mad when we were kids because I would buy a CD and get obsessed with one song, and I would play it through out the house continuously. My dads the same way as me. I just can't get enough of a song if I really love it.

Here's a picture I took at our hotel (in Iguazu). Butterflies are called 'Mariposas' in Espanol.

No comments: