Thursday, December 18, 2008

Goya y Dalí

I forgot to tell you. I went to the museum yesterday, Mueseo Provincial de Bellas Artes Emilio Caraffa.I have told you about this museum before, they have rotating exhibits. They were showing the work of Fransisco de Goya, and Salvador Dalí. How cool is that? I have seen the most famous artists in the shortest period of time, it's crazy. It's my favorite when I see work that I recognize. It's so much different to study a work of art in a book compared to seeing it up close and personal.

The work was mostly Goya's printmaking prints, and their were a few pieces of Dalí's work, but it was a new take on Goya's prints. So, it was essentially the same thing, but with minor alterations. He added 'Dalí' flare. I cannot remember the name of that, I think it starts with a 'D'. That's going to bug me. It might be 'appropriate.' Anyway, it was a really great thing to be able to see. I know some people from Argentina read this, so if you like either of those artists, or art in general it will be showing until January 3rd at Mueseo Provincial de Bellas Artes Emilio Caraffa.

No comments: